Massage therapy is one of the oldest, simplest forms of treatment. Registered Massage practitioners at The Sports Medicine Specialists promote the art, science and philosophy of massage therapy for the betterment of their patients.
- Increased blood circulation.
- Reduces swelling.
- Faster healing by better delivery of nutrition to cells and removal of cellular debris.
- Decreases heart rate and blood pressure due to an increase in the blood volume.
- Enhanced overall health. There is a smooth delivery of chemical messengers and nutritional substances to all organs and an efficient removal of their waste products.
Increased Lymphatic Fluid Circulation
- Boosts the immune system by increasing the distribution of lymphatic fluid, white cells, killer and T-cells.
Massage Therapist are trained to assess and treat most soft tissue injuries (acute or chronic). They can physically stretch muscles, inhibit muscle spasm, increase range of motion in a joint and help break down scar tissue.
- Cranial-sacral therapy
- Visceral manipulation
- Lymphatic drainage